Family-friendly Holiday Cottage situated in Staveley, with a large enclosed garden.
Avondale Bungalow is a 2-bedroom bungalow situated in the picturesque village of Staveley which is in the Lake District National Park, close to Kendal and Windermere. The location makes this an ideal holiday getaway with loads of walks from your doorstep and still within easy reach of the popular visitor attractions.
- Fully-equipped kitchen including an induction hob and electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, and microwave.
- Large living room with 2 two-seater sofas and two additional single chairs. Pato door leading to the front garden and patio area. Electric fire, flat-screen TV, Bluetooth speaker system and a DVD player are available as well as a bookcase with lots of walking books, maps, and local information.
- Dining area with a round table seating four, which can be extended to accommodate an additional 2 people.
- The hallway leading to the family bathroom, with shower over bath, basin, and loo + an airing cupboard.
- Double bedroom with bedside tables and wardrobe. Views to the mature rear garden.
- Twin bedrooms with bedside tables and wardrobes. Views also to the rear garden.
- Large enclosed mature gardens from the front to the rear of the property.
- Parking space to the front for 3 cars and gates to enclose the garden.
- Converted garage offers a table tennis table as well as newly fitted bolt anchors to secure bikes, should you bring them with.
- Rear south-facing garden with patio, outdoor furniture for six people, a fire pit and BBQ, ideal for watching over kids or simply to enjoy the sunshine. A complimentary bag of wood is provided for you.
Things to Note:
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Avondale Bungalow at no extra charge.
- There is one step into the property.
Staveley is a small village with lots of character! The village sits at the mouth of the Kentmere Valley, a popular area for walkers and mountain bikers and Kendal is only 4 miles away and Windermere, 3 Miles, both of which can be easily reached by car, bus or train. It is an ideal base from which to explore the Lake District and wider Cumbria area and the hourly Lakes Explorer bus service from Lancaster and Keswick, runs through Staveley, stopping just down the lane from the Bungalow!
Historically, Staveley was a producer of woolen cloth, harnessing the river-power to turn mills, and later cotton, but as the cotton trade moved to Lancashire, the mills were converted to work wood, in particular making bobbins, which become the main product manufactured in the area. Although the manufacturing has ceased, some of the buildings still exist, the most popular being the Staveley Mill Yard, which is now a popular visitor attraction, home to the Hawkshead Brewery and Beer Hall, Wilf's Cafe, Wheelbase Cycle Store and many other smaller businesses. The Mill Yard is only 5 minute's walk from the bungalow. The Eagle and Child Pub is also very popular for their range of ales and great food as well as the outdoor seating right next to the river!
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dishes and Utensils
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
Book this listing
- Hawkshead Brewery (0.38 mi)6 reviews
- Eagle & Child Hotel (0.75 mi)4 reviews
- Watermill Inn & Windermere Brewery (1.4 mi)4 reviews
- Wilf's Cafe (0.37 mi)6 reviews
- Farrer Coffee Merchants (4.67 mi)5 reviews
- Homeground (3.43 mi)7 reviews