One of our most popular pet-friendly Ullswater Holiday Cottages situated high on Bampton Common with superb views. Sleeping 10 people in 4 bedrooms.
Carhullan was completely modernised in 2008 by the owners, who retained the character of the property including the fireplaces beams and flooring and complemented it with furnishings and equipment of the highest quality.
Sleeping up to 10 people in 4 bedrooms (one of which is a family room for 4), this former Cumbrian farmhouse with lawned garden and outside patio area enjoys a spectacular remote location, high up on Bampton Common among the Lake Districts eastern fells and close to Ullswater and Haweswater.
There are plenty of walks available from your doorstep including High Street to Ullswater. The location of Carhullan, two miles from the village of Bampton and eight miles from Penrith is a perfect peaceful retreat, yet only 15 minutes from the M6. It is accessed along a ‘no through road’ where it is situated at the very end, approximately two miles. There are walks from the doorstep, over High Street to Ullswater and across Bampton Common to Haweswater.
The nearest village is Bampton which has a village store & tea room and a superb pub called the Crown & Mitre which serves good food and real ale (Booking advised if you wish to eat)
Carhullan is Dog-Friendly and Child-Friendly.
- Lounge: Open plan with Freesat TV, DVD, video, CD and a large wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen/Diner: With electric Aga, dishwasher, two wine racks and microwave.
- Utility: With fridge/freezer, Baby Belling cooker, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sitting Room: With wood burning stove, TV with BT Vision package and DVD player.
- Shower Room: With power shower, WC, bidet and washbasin.
- Bedroom 1: With 17th Century four-poster bed.
- Bathroom: With bath, WC and wash basin (this Jack & Jill bathroom may be used as an en-suite for bedroom 1 or shared with bedroom 2)
- Bedroom 2: Super king bedroom (Beds can be split to make to singles – please request this when booking)
- Bedroom 3: With double bed and en-suite with power shower, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom 4: With super-king size bed, bunk beds in the curtained annexe, baby cot and en-suite with power shower, WC, bidet and washbasin.
- Outside: Lawned garden and seating.
- Ample parking. Telephone for incoming calls. 2 Pets welcome
- Broadband Wi-Fi
Restaurants and markets:
Bampton Tea Room, Bampton Cafe/bar – 1.5 miles
Bampton Village Store, Bampton Supermarket – 1.5 miles
Crown & Mitre Inn Restaurant – 3 miles
Punch Bowl, Askam Restaurant – 4 miles
The Greyhound Hotel, Shap Restaurant – 4 miles
Coop Convenience Store, Shap Supermarket – 4 miles
Sainsbury's, Penrith Supermarket – 11 miles
Most Popular Attractions:
Lake Windermere – 14.3 miles
Derwentwater – 14.4 miles
Grizedale Forest – 15.2 miles
Scafell Pike – 18.4 miles
Brough Castle – 18.8 miles
Buttermere -19.3 miles
Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park – 4 miles
Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX – 7 miles
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dishes and Utensils
- Dog Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile Crown& Mitre - 2 Miles
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests10
Book this listing
- Costa Coffee Penrith (7.53 mi)1 reviews
- St Andrews Centre & Coffee Shops (7.58 mi)1 reviews
- Cafe Oswald's (7.11 mi)1 reviews