Modern three-bedroom self-catering holiday cottage with log-burning stove.
A beautiful and modern self-catering holiday cottage near Ullswater with three bedrooms situated high on Bampton Common with superb views.
Lower Carhullan is a newly-built holiday cottage, completed early 2018. Originally an unused traditional Westmorland barn, the building has been beautifully redeveloped using much of the original stone fabric, into a modern, luxury property for up to six guests and up to two dogs. The house is situated high up on Bampton Common, yet only 7 miles from Penrith and a 20-minute drive from Jct 39 of the M6. Superb views in all directions and a plethora of walks lead directly from the doorstep. Set over two floors, the property has oil fired underfloor heating throughout.
- The well-appointed ground floor incorporates a spacious open plan kitchen & dining area for eight, as well as high-end appliances including an electric Aga, six-plate induction hob, two dishwashers, double-door fridge & freezer, convection microwave, boiling water tap and a 55” wall-mounted Samsung Frame TV.
- Leading off from the kitchen is the utility room with washing machine & tumble dryer, utility sink, an additional freezer and a supplementary bathroom with shower, loo & basin.
- Also leading from the kitchen diner is the large living room with a modern wood-burning stove, bright bespoke furniture and an additional large wall-mounted 55" Samsung Frame TV.
- Additionally, there is a boot room downstairs with plenty of space for boots & shoes, waterproofs, rucksacks etc.
Onto the floating mezzanine floor, you have three well-appointed en-suite bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king bed with a roof-top terrace, a flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with loo, basin & rain shower.
- Bedroom 2 – Double bed, built-in wardrobes, a flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with a bath & shower, loo and basin.
- Bedroom 3 – Super-king zip and link bed (which can be split into two single beds), fitted wardrobes with sliding doors and a great en-suite bathroom with large duel-shower, loo and basin.
- There is an enclosed garden with furniture to seat six people, a gas barbecue and parking for up to five cars. The house has its own large paddock situated in front of the house with unspoilt views up Cawdale valley and across to the Pennines.
Restaurants and markets:
Bampton Tea Room, Bampton Cafe/bar – 1.5 miles
Bampton Village Store, Bampton Supermarket – 1.5 miles
Crown & Mitre Inn Restaurant – 3 miles
Punch Bowl, Askam Restaurant – 4 miles
The Greyhound Hotel, Shap Restaurant – 4 miles
Coop Convenience Store, Shap Supermarket – 4 miles
Sainsbury's, Penrith Supermarket – 11 miles
Most Popular Attractions:
Lake Windermere – 14.3 miles
Derwentwater – 14.4 miles
Grizedale Forest – 15.2 miles
Scafell Pike – 18.4 miles
Brough Castle – 18.8 miles
Buttermere -19.3 miles
Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park – 4 miles
Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX – 7 miles
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating Underfloor Heating
- Dishes and Utensils
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
Book this listing
- Costa Coffee Penrith (7.53 mi)1 reviews
- St Andrews Centre & Coffee Shops (7.58 mi)1 reviews
- Cafe Oswald's (7.11 mi)1 reviews