Newly-refurbished luxury barn conversion situated on a small farm.
Tanglewood Barn in Penton, Cumbria is a newly refurbished, spacious, luxury barn conversion on a small farm with 3 bedrooms, sleeping 8. Wood Farm and the Barn sit in a large, secluded courtyard setting with fabulous panoramic views.
Downstairs there is a large kitchen/dining room, a comfortable sitting room with a multi-fuel stove and widescreen Smart TV and a selection of books and games, a large bathroom with separate bath & rain shower and a lovely bright bedroom with a king-size bed. The beautiful vaulted-ceiling open-plan kitchen and dining area with french doors leading onto the patio makes for an amazing space for guests to gather whilst preparing a lovely meal on the large Electric Rangemaster.
Upstairs onto the floating landing, is a twin bedroom sleeping two and a double sofa bed, a shower room and a luxurious master bedroom complete with dressing table, full-length mirror. All rooms have stunning views over the valley.
Alfresco dining outside on the patio in the large private garden with secure fencing for dogs. Views from the garden are over farmland to the Scottish borders. You can walk in the local woods and around our large ponds, and in the farm fields. On the farm, we have a few rare breed pigs, two donkeys and three alpacas and an abundance of birdlife and roe deer around.
The farm is set on its own hilltop with panoramic views to the Northern Pennines, to the Lake District and the Caldbeck Fells, to the Solway Firth and the Scottish Borders.
Towels, linen and loo rolls are provided. Well-behaved dogs are welcome on the farm and in the Barn, but strictly not on any furniture nor in the bedrooms. The dogs must be cleaned before entering the Barn. A dryer is available for use, and a washing machine by arrangement.
Lounge: Plush comfy sofas make the living room a warm sanctuary. Enjoy the lovely log-burning fire or make use of the flat screen smart TV and the selection of books and games which are available for guests.
Kitchen/Diner: With electric Rangemaster, dishwasher, fridge, island around which to gather and plenty of electrical appliances.
Utility cupboard: With a vacuum cleaner, high chair and cleaning tools.
Bathroom: With separate walk-in rain shower, separate bathtub, loo and sink.
Bedroom: A large room with kingsize bed, luxury bedding and superb views over the valley.
Garage: Housing the washing machine and a tumble dryer as well as a chest freezer.
Bedroom: The Master Bedroom, another large bedroom with vaulted ceiling and beautiful wooden furniture. Two Velux roof windows, dressing table and a full-height mirror. A Travel cot is provided for infants.
Bedroom: A twin room with handmade wooden beds. This is a light and bright room, ideal for kids. A double sofa bed is available and can be made-up on request. Flat-screen TV.
Bathroom: With electric shower, loo and washbasin.
Extensive lawned garden with kids swing and seating. Ample parking. WiFi, 2 Pets welcome but please advise beforehand.
- Local activities include cycle-friendly roads (local bike hire at BikeSeven, Longtown), and kayaking and fishing in the nearby river Esk..
- Hadrian's Wall walking and sightseeing at Lanercost is 20 minutes away, and the famous Roman site at Birdoswald is another 10 minutes from there. The Samson Inn serves great food in a lovely, welcoming pub. At the centre of Hadrian's wall walking at Gilsland, so a good refresher stop.
- Geltsdale RSPB near Brampton is a remote and ruggedly beautiful nature reserve where you'll find upland birds such as black grouse, breeding waders including curlews, and birds of prey like the hen harrier.
- Cumbria Wildlife Trust has lots of managed woodland and wildlife sites to walk around. The brochure is in the Barn. https://www.cumbriawildlifetrust.org.uk/
- Kielder Water and Forest Park for hiking, walking, cycling and fishing.
- The heart of the Lakes (Blencathra) is 32 miles away and the Northern Pennines (Alston) just 24 miles away. Laminated walking maps are available from the owner.
- Walby Farm Park is 15 mins away, great for kids! Crosby on Eden, CA6 4QL.
- There is a fabulous pub and restaurant (the Pentonbridge Inn) about two miles away and other good gastronomic experiences within the locality. All are listed in the Barn.
- Brampton Farmers Market is on the last Saturday of the month. Try the fabulous Thornby Moor cheeses, or Susans Farm lamb and beef. Houghton Farmers Market is on the second Saturday of the month in the village hall.
- Carlisle and the M6 are 20 minutes away, (although you would never know it), and there is good shopping (Spar, Coop, Cranstons, M&S, Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys) and a Farmer's market in Brampton every last Saturday in the month and Houghton every second Saturday, both about 15 minutes away.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dishes and Utensils
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Outdoor Furniture
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Security Deposit£100
Book this listing
- The Jacobite (9.27 mi)1 reviews
- Reading Room Cafe (7.15 mi)1 reviews
- Lanercost Tea Room (8.84 mi)3 reviews